As a surgeon at Animal Referral Center you get to practice university level medicine in a supportive, friendly environment. Our surgeons enjoy collaborating with other specialists in emergency & critical care, internal medicine, radiology, dermatology and ophthalmology. We also have dedicated emergency clinicians working 24/7. Our team of doctors share a desire to provide high level care to our patients and remarkable service to our clients and referring community. As we grow our team we hope to find a surgeon who appreciates a mission driven environment as much as we do.
Surgery at the Animal Referral Center
Our surgeons have access to some of the most cutting edge technology available. We have the equipment needed for procedures such as orthopedic, soft tissue, neurosurgery, laparoscopy, thoracoscopy and arthroscopy. In addition, we have a brand new 16 slice CT that produces beautiful images and we have fluoroscopy.
Our surgical support team is extraordinarily efficient. Our team of certified technicians, skilled assistants, care coordinators and pack assistants keep appointment and procedure days running smoothly. They handle a large amount of client communications, they enter fees and complete medical records. Our technicians manage surgical prep to completion surgeons have the ability to scrub and step into the OR.
Animal Referral Center currently has three surgeons, each one works four days per week and participates in a 24/7 on call rotation. Spreading out our heavy caseload between four to five surgeons would allow for shorter days and less on call time. So we are looking to add to our team so that all of our doctors can enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
● Boarded ACVS Diplomate, recently completed (or currently in) a small animal surgical residency
● Desire to remain innovative in the field of veterinary surgery
● Communication style that conveys confidence and compassion
● Willingness to build strong, trusting relationships with referring practices
● Ability to work efficiently with a skilled, dedicated support staff
● Self-awareness and an appreciation for ones role in team dynamics
● Interest in community involvement and service
Salary and Benefits
● Production based pay and an annual minimum salary of $200,000
● $15,000 signing bonus
● Moving expense reimbursement up to $10,000
● Two weeks paid vacation
● Health and Dental Insurance
● Supplemental benefits: Disability, Life, Critical Illness, Accident
● 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution
● Continuing education allowance of $3,200 annually
● Professional expense allowance of $1,500 annually
● Professional Liability insurance
● Uniform allowance
● Discounted Veterinary Care
● Employee Assistance Program ( https://www.thedacare.org/AtWork/Employee-Assistance-Program.aspx)
|Respect Others||Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and everyone must extend respect to others.|
|Value Teamwork||We are stronger when we help one another and work together towards a common goal.|
|Demonstrate Integrity||Be truthful and honest at all times. Choose to do what is right, even when it is not the easiest option.|
|Show Kindness||Be kind and compassionate towards our patients, our clients and each other.|
|Care||Care about the success of the practice and care about the well-being of your coworkers.|